2. TEACHEX (Teaching Excellence).
Project dates: October 15, 2015 through October 14, 2018
Teaching excellence is of primary importance for the learning environment in higher education. Thus, TEACHEX is a project conceived to contribute to the continuous professional development of academic staff by offering adequate support structures (Centers for Teaching Excellence) and innovative, high-quality, flexible programs designed to promote better teaching and therefore enhanced learning as well.
• To improve quality of education by contributing to university management in accordance with academic staff needs, connecting personal and civic fulfilment with the‘transferable skills required for a rapidly changing world;
• To develop and deliver training materials and follow up activities for staff working at CTEs;
• To create support structures in CTEs that outline conditions for project sustainability;
• To produce benchmark tools for teaching excellence that serve as medium and long term analysis;
• To disseminate the European experience in teacher training and preparation of documents necessary for enhancing the interaction between the CTEs and other educational key stakeholders in Israel.
Coordinator: Interdisciplinary Center of Hertzlya
1. Gordon Academic College of Education
2. Oranim Academic College of Educaiton
3. Beit Berle College
4. Betzalel Academic of Art and Design
5. Ben Gurion University
1. University of Nicosia, Cyprus
2. University of Groningen, The Netherlands
3. University of Brighten, United Kingdom
4. Glasgow Caledonia University, Scotland
5. University of Cork, Ireland
6. Jagiellonian University, Poland.